It’s Toy Story, with a dash of scary for the Halloween season, and it’s coming to ABC Family 10/19 at 8|7c! Here is what you need to know to be prepared for the toys’ spooky adventure.
1. It heavily features Mr. Pricklepants.
He’s the loveable film know-it-all that every scary movie needs. You know, the one who will tell the toys what not to do, but then they’ll go and do it anyway.
2. It’s directed by Angus MacLane and produced by Galyn Susman. You know them from Pixar shorts BURN-E and of course, Hawaiian Vacation.
3. It was approximately two years in the making. Just because it’s a made for TV special doesn’t mean that Pixar can make it any less awesome. Plus, filmmakers can animate about 4-5 seconds of the toys PER WEEK. Animation facts, just blowing peoples’ minds!
4. It features Carl Weathers as the voice of the new toy, Combat Carl. For the youngens out there, he’s in Happy Gilmore. If you don’t know which movie that is, then you’ve made us feel really old.
5. Bonnie is in it, which is good because she’s adorable.
6. Buzz gets to use his glow-in-the-dark gear. Fancy Space Ranger.
7. Everything you see in the entire TV special was animated by Pixar with the exception of one detail: a flying bat you might spot at the beginning of the short. It is in fact a rubber bought that was filmed against a green screen!
8. Toy Story OF TERROR! Features all your faves voicing the toys, including Tom Hanks (Woody), Tim Allen (Buzz), Joan Cusack (Jessie), Kristen Schaal (Trixie), Timothy Dalton (Mr. Pricklepants), Wallace Shawn (Rex), and more Don Rickles (Mr. Potato Head).
9. There IS a Pizza Planet Easter egg but it’s super hard to spot, so good luck!
10. It’s scary. It will make you jump out of your seat. But it’s not tooo scary for the little ones. Toy Story OF TERROR! Producer Galyn Susman told us that their first version was even scarier, and they had to dial the final product back!
To get you ready, watch this spooky sneak peek. It will help set the mood: