Olivia Flaversham was first in theaters in 1986. So was her adorable bow. Of all the things we love about The Great Mouse Detective—and there are a great many—the fashion takes the cake. From that bow to Mr. Flaversham’s working outfit to evil Ratigan’s capes, we just can’t get enough.
Allow us to elaborate with our 15 favorite fashion things.
1. Olivia’s bow. We know we’ve already mentioned it, but it’s positioned on her head in such a way that we just can’t handle how great it is.
2. The rest of Olivia’s outfit. It involves a bowtie, Mary Janes, and a plaid-like skirt.
And when she travels, the outfit gets upgraded with a beret and scarf. Yep. A Scarf.
3. Mr. Flaversham’s working ensemble. Who wears a bowtie to make toys that delight children everywhere? This guy:
4. Basil’s smoking jacket in the same frame as Dr. Dawson’s whole ensemble. Can you say dapper?
5. Basil’s shoes. They’re old fashioned, yet timeless.
6. Basil’s detective outfit. Why would anyone in the history of detectiving possibly wear anything else?
7. Ratigan’s everyday cape. Evil or not, this is one rat that knows how to 2.0 an ordinary tux.
8. Basil and Dr. Dawson’s disguises. One’s a pirate, the other one’s also possibly a pirate. Either way, some excellent dressing decisions are happening here.
9. Dr. Dawson’s travel clothes. They come complete with chic work boots and a tiny hat.
10. Fidget’s henchmen-esque attire. Say what you will about his terrifyingness (because he’s the creepiest), but this guy knows how to stay warm while enacting his dastardly duties.
11. The Queen’s everything. Seriously. Just look at her. She SCREAMS royalty. And class.
12. Fidget’s attempt to blend in with the guards. That hat! Oh that hat. And all the other stuff, too.
13. Ratigan’s accessories. From the hat to the sword to the medals galore (did that rhyme or is it just us?), this rat is seriously styling.
14. Mr. Flaversham’s glasses. They’re unrealistically large and we love them.
15. Okay. This one has nothing to do with fashion. But look who we found while we were watching this movie:
And there you have it. Thanks for the memories. And the stellar fashion choices.