It’s baseball season. Finally. We’re not going to say that we’ve been counting the days since October, but we’re not going to say that we haven’t been. Now that it’s here, we should probably brush up on our knowledge of the game. Goofy has some tips and tricks that we should all remember:
1. Look the part.
The uniform is key. From the socks to the shoes, complete with screws…
…To the gum, which is an integral part of baseball tradition.
Or so says Goofy.
2. You need a game plan to help you stay focused.
Simple is usually best.
3. Warm up your windup.
Be careful not to get too carried away.
4. Pick your signature batting stance before the pitch. . .
. . . and after.
5. Don’t let the other team intimidate you.
It’s all bark and no bite . . . most of the time.
6. Be prepared for a curveball . . . or spitball.
These pitches have attitude.
7. Be in sync with your teammates.
It will help you avoid those frustrating fielding errors.
8. Know what’s going on around the field.
Goofy always has his bases covered.
…And don’t get too distracted when the other team starts making funny faces. It’s inevitable.
9. Always be polite to the umpires.
They are the supreme word in baseball justice.
10. Play for the love of the game.
If you’ve got heart, you’ll play smart.
Now batter up!