It’s baseball season. Finally. We’re not going to say that we’ve been counting the days since October, but we’re not going to say that we haven’t been.
Now that it’s here, we should probably brush up on our knowledge of the game. Goofy has some tips and tricks that we should all remember:
1. Look the part
The uniform is key. From the socks to the . . .
. . . shoes, complete with screws.
And gum, which is an integral part of baseball tradition. Or so says Goofy.
2. Have a game plan
You need one to help you stay focused. Simple is usually best.
3. Warm up your windup
Be careful not to get too carried away.
4. Pick your signature batting stance
Before the pitch. . .
. . . and after.
5. Don’t let the other team intimidate you
It’s all bark and no bite . . . most of the time.
6. Be prepared for a curveball . . . or spitball
These pitches have attitude.
7. Be in sync with your teammates
It will help you avoid those frustrating fielding errors.
8. Know what’s going on around the field
Goofy always has his bases covered.
And don’t get too distracted when the other team starts making funny faces. It’s inevitable.
9. Always be polite to the umpires
They are the supreme word in baseball justice.
10. Play for the love of the game
If you’ve got heart, you’ll play smart.
Now batter up!