Guest blogger Tia Mowry, from ABC Family’s The Mistle-Tones, is helping Disney.com get in the holiday spirit! Here are her top 5 holiday traditions:
1. Whenever I think of holidays food always is MUST! Great food that is! Pies, Hams, Turkeys, mashed potatoes you name it! Not only does the great tasting of the food almost always put me in the holiday spirit, but the smells alone do!
Just the smell of sweet ham based in pineapple juice cooking in the oven makes we wish every day was a holiday.
2. Holiday scented candles have become a holiday tradition! I make a point to go a local home made candle store and pick up scented candles that reminds me of the scents associated with that holiday. For instance, cinnamon spice always reminds me of Christmas and pumpkin pie scents are perfect for Thanksgiving!
3. Another holiday tradition is trying out all the special drinks that coffee shops make during the holidays! They are always so much fun! Such as the gingerbread latte and eggnog latte. Hey, they only come around once a year why not go for it!
4. One of my favorite holiday traditions are going to the movies! For some reason the BEST movies always open on Christmas Day! I guess they save the best for last! Seriously, this has become a tradition in our household! After the gifts are opened and dinner has been served, the entire family will head out to see a movie!
5. Last but not least, a huge holiday tradition is the decorating!!! I am a sucker for this one! From lights on the house to pumpkins at the door and my favorite thing to do is decorate the Christmas tree!!! The entire family pitches in. Mother, Dad, brothers and sister! We sing Christmas songs while doing so and just have a really great time!
You can get in the holiday spirit by singing along with The Mistle-Tones lyric videos! Sing along to Joy to the World and the 12 Days of Christmas. And don’t forget to watch Tia on ABC Family’s original musical The Mistle-Tones, premiering Sunday, December 9 at 8:00pm ET/PT.