Did your grade-school teacher show The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad in class at Halloween? With October right around the corner, test your memories of Disney’s classic duo!
1) Is the Headless Horseman a genuine ghost or a hoax?
A) He’s real – and scary!
B) Don’t be silly; it’s clearly Brom Bones in disguise.
C) The movie never answers this question – the audience has to decide what to think.
2) Who narrates the two segments?
A) Bing Crosby and Basil Rathbone
B) Wolfgang Reitherman and George Sanders
C) Both are narrated by Hans Conreid
3) How does Toad get his motor car?
A) He builds it
B) He trades the deed to Toad Hall for it
C) He steals it
4) How many of Walt’s Nine Old Men were directing animators on the film?
5) Which character did Bing Crosby voice?
B) Brom Bones
6) On what date in 1949 was the movie released?
A) October 5
B) October 31, of course!
C) December 5
Scroll down to see how you did!
1) C – We never learn for sure whether apparition is real – but take a look at Brom Bones’ horse and see if there’s a resemblance to the Horseman’s mount.
2) A – Basil Rathbone (best known for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes) narrates the Mr. Toad segment, and crooner Bing Crosby does the honors for Ichabod.
3) B – Toad trades tavern-keeper Mr. Winky the deed to his home to get the car – not knowing that the car is stolen.
4) B – Of the nine, only Les Clark didn’t work on The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.
5) C – In addition to narrating the Sleepy Hollow segment, Bing voiced both of the main characters.
6) A – The anniversary is coming up next week, so warm up the DVD player and pop some corn for the perfect Halloween season treat!