1. In what year did Walt Disney personally win his most Academy Awards?
2. Walt won his first Academy Award for which cartoon short?
A. “The Old Mill”
B. “Three Orphan Kittens”
C. “Flowers and Trees”
D. “Ferdinand the Bull”
3. Which was NOT one of the Academy Awards personally received by Walt Disney?
A. Creation of Mickey Mouse
B. Advancement of the use of sound in motion pictures
C. Design and application of the Multi-Plane Camera
D. Conception and perfection of color traveling matte composite cinematography techniques
4. Walt received most of his Academy Awards for what?
5. How many Academy Awards were personally won by Walt Disney?
6. For which did Walt win a posthumous Academy Award for Best Short Subject, Cartoons?
A. “A Symposium on Popular Songs”
C. “Goliath II”
D. “Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day”
Continue reading for the answers and see how you scored!
1. – C. Walt Disney personally won his most Academy Awards – a total of four – in 1954.
2. – C. Walt won his very first Academy Award for “Flowers and Trees.”
3. – D. Walt Disney did NOT personally receive an Academy Award for conception and perfection of color traveling matte composite cinematography techniques.
4. – C. Walt received most of his Academy Awards for his role as producer.
5. – B. Walt Disney personally won a total of 32 Academy Awards.
6. – D. Walt won a posthumous Academy Award for “Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.”