3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Olive oil, for cooking
Lemon wedges, for serving
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
1 teaspoon sriracha*
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For crab cakes:
- Combine mayonnaise, egg, seafood seasoning, Dijon, lemon juice, chives, cayenne, and black pepper in a medium bowl, whisking to combine .
- Gently fold crab into mayonnaise mixture, being careful not to break up up crab.
- Gently fold in panko until just incorporated—do not over mix.
- Form balls about the size of a golf ball, and press them into cakes.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook crab cakes 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until crab cakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce lemon wedges.
Makes 14 to 16 mini crab cakes
For tartar sauce:
- Combine mayonnaise, pickle, seafood seasoning, sriracha, lemon juice, paprika, chives, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until very well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
*Sriracha is an Asian hot sauce made from chilis, garlic, sugar, and salt.