Nothing says autumn like a yummy candy apple, and this version from the kitchens of Disneyland Resort is even wearing a costume for Halloween! Dress up your apples as Mickey and watch your guests smile.
- Wooden dowels or chopsticks
- Granny Smith apples
- Caramel candies
- Semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- White chocolate morsels
- Red decorator sugar
- Yellow jelly beans
1) Firmly hammer wooden dowel into apple.
2) In a large heat-safe pot, melt caramel candies over low heat until liquefied.
3) Dip apple into melted caramel.
4) Let caramel apple set and harden overnight.
5) Take two marshmallows and trim one side of each marshmallow with a sharp tool to create a flat surface.
6) Stick marshmallows, flattened side down, to the top of the apple, forming Mickey’s ears.
7) In a heat-safe pot, melt chocolate pieces over low heat until chocolate liquefies.
8) Dip caramel apple into melted chocolate and shake off excess chocolate.
9) Allow chocolate shell to set for several minutes until hardened.
10) In a heat-safe pot, melt white chocolate until liquefied.
11) Dip the bottom half of the apple into melted white chocolate and shake off excess.
12) Roll white chocolate portion of the apple in red sugar to form the base of Mickey’s pants.
13) Press two yellow jelly beans into the red sugar, forming Mickey’s buttons.
14) Allow Mickey Caramel Apple to set for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.