What could taste more like October than pumpkin? And that flavor is perfectly showcased in these sweet, delicious fritters from the kitchens of Disneyland Park‘s famed Club 33.
Makes 24 beignets
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup hot water
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil, for frying
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
For pumpkin beignets:
1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Combine flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. Mix dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest in bowl, covered with a clean kitchen towel, 30 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Pat to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch squares. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side.
5. Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
For maple glaze:
1. Combine butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Drizzle warm beignets with maple glaze and serve immediately.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.