1/2 cup 1/2-inch diced Yukon gold potato
4 (8-ounce, 1/2-inch thick) filets fresh halibut
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 shallot, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup of yellow pear tomatoes
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 cup 2-inch chopped green beans
1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1 lemon, juiced
Garnish: microgreens, chopped fresh basil
1. Place diced potato in a small saucepan; cover with cold water. Cook over high heat until potatoes are just tender, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, sauteing until golden and fragrant.
3. Add wine and pear tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds, lightly scraping the pan. Add cooked potatoes and stewed tomatoes, stirring to combine. Add artichoke hearts and green beans. Simmer until green beans are tender.
4. Meanwhile, season halibut evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on both sides. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, place fish in pan, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook the second side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Mix prepared pesto and lemon juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
6. Evenly divide tomato mixture among 4 serving dishes. Top with fish. Drizzle each with lemon-pesto mixture. Garnish with the microgreens and basil.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.