There’s no better way to start a summer weekend than with a leisurely brunch, and these pancakes will be the hit of the morning. Packed with flavor and topped with pecan-honey butter, they’re a specialty at The Wave restaurant in Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (from about 1 small sweet potato)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan-Honey Butter Ingredients:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; whisk until combined.
3. Combine milk, brown sugar, sweet potato, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl; whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
4. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat until a few drops of water sizzle on the surface. If using an electric skillet, 5. preheat to 350 degrees F.
6. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet. Cook on first side until tops bubble and sides look dry; flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
7. Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and place into preheated oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter.
For Pecan-Honey Butter:
1. Stir together butter, honey and pecans in a medium bowl.
2. Top pancakes with honey-pecan butter and serve immediately.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.