From the Caribbean Pavilion at Epcot®
Makes 20 drumettes
Jerk-spiced Chicken Drumettes Ingredients:
20 chicken drumettes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mango Chutney Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups diced mangos (about 2 small mangos)
1/2 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 small hot chile peppers, membrane and seeds removed, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 medium onion)
1/2 red bell pepper, membrane and seeds removed, diced
Jerk-spiced Chicken Drumettes Preparation:
1. Rub drumettes with vegetable oil. Place in gallon zip lock bag; set aside.
2. Mix garlic powder, thyme, allspice, black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt in small bowl. Add to bag with drumettes; seal and massage to cover drumettes in jerk spice. Marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with foil.
4. Place marinated drumettes on baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
Mango Chutney Preparation:
1. Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cool and serve with jerk-spiced drumettes. Leftover chutney can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
What to drink: Fruity Belgian Golden Ale with hints of pear, orange, and apple with bits of spice are refreshing with these drummettes.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.