Makes 8 cups
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups whole or 2-percent milk
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
2 1/2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 (14.5-ounce) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, garlic bread, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 2 minutes.
3. Add flour; cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in cream and milk, then bring to simmer, whisking often until sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
4. Add white pepper and Parmesan, stirring until well incorporated. Remove from heat. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Fold in cream cheese, stirring well until cream cheese is completely incorporated. Add spinach, stirring to combine. Add artichoke hearts, stirring gently so as not to break up the artichokes.
6. Pour mixture into a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top.
6. Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is completely melted and bubbling.
7. Serve hot with tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, and/or garlic bread.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.