Serves 6 to 8 as an hors d’oeuvre
1 large onion, sliced
7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced crimini mushrooms (sometimes called “baby bellas”)
1/2 cup sliced artichoke hearts
1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
1 medium French baguette
1 cup mascarpone cheese
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 shallot, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Garnish: Shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine onion and 2 tablespoons olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until onions are soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toss mushrooms and artichoke hearts with 3 tablespoons olive oil on a medium baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until everything is golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
4. Combine caramelized onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
5. Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on a large baking sheet, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp but not browned. Set aside.
6. Combine mascarpone cheese, minced garlic, minced shallots, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
7. Spread toasted baguette slices with the mascarpone mixture, then top with mushroom mixture. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.