The countdown to Christmas has begun. While the days grow closer on that fun winter holiday, ABC Family will be showing an incredible lineup of seasonal special, original movies, and famous films from Disney and beyond.
Take a look at some of the line-ups highlights, and then head over to the official 25 Days of Christmas website for the full schedule:
- December 6: The Muppet Christmas Carol – Enjoy a hilarious retelling of the heartwarming story of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, with Kermit the Frog as Bob Crachit, Miss Piggy as Emily Crachit, and Michael Caine as Scrooge.
- December 11: Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, two all new ABC Family Christmas Specials based on the popular TV series.
- December 13: Toy Story Marathon – Led by Woody and Buzz, Andy’s troupe of toys leave home to embark on a series of exciting adventures in the world of people.
- December 14: The Little Mermaid – Venture under the sea where Ariel, a free-spirited mermaid princess, longs to be part of the human world. After bravely striking a bargain with Ursula, a sneaky sea witch, Ariel embarks on the adventure of a lifetime. With Flounder and Sebastian at her side, Ariel will need all of her courage and determination to make things right in both her worlds.
- December 18: Mickey’s Christmas Carol & Mary Poppins – Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and many more of your favorite characters join the cast in this adaptation of a classic holiday tale. Then, “Practically Perfect In Every Way” Mary Poppins flies out of the windy London skies and into the home of two mischievous children. With the help of a carefree chimney sweep named Bert (Dick Van Dyke), the spirited nanny turns every chore into a game and every day into a “Jolly Holiday.”
- December 21: The Santa Clause Marathon – Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) is a divorced father whose strained relationship with his son, Charlie, begins to mend only after a bizarre twist of fate transforms him into the new Santa.
Also worth noting, the schedule will feature a number of Rankin/Bass stop-motion classics, which are required family viewing this time of year. Catch Rudolph’s Shiny New Year on December 5, Frosty’s Winter Wonderland on December 6, The Year Without a Santa Clause on December 10, and more. See the whole schedule and mark your calendar with your favorite films’ dates.