Part of the joy of visiting Disney Parks throughout the year is being able to see the rides and attractions transform with the seasons. This year, as part of the holiday season, Disney California Adventure Park has completely re-envisioned their popular after-dark light and water show, World of Color. World of Color – Winter Dreams is chock full of new animation and seasonal merriment, brightening the night sky above Paradise Bay with sequences never before seen by Disneyland guests.
Frozen’s Olaf the snowman hosts the new show, which includes his signature song, “In Summer,” as well as Elsa’s “Let It Go.” World of Color – Winter Dreams also features the cast of the Toy Story series of films performing their own version of The Nutcracker, as well as a sing-along of holiday favorites that includes Jingle Bells, Feliz Navidad, and the Dreidel Song. Additionally, characters from films throughout the history of Disney appear in Winter Dreams, including Bambi and Thumper sliding across the ice, and the lanterns from Tangled ascending into the sky. Finally, the show features a brand new carol, Glow, sung by a chorus of contributors from all 50 United States who were able to collaborate via the web and social media.
Some interesting facts about World of Color – Winter Dreams:
- The show creates the screen for its projections with almost 1,200 fountains, making it one of the largest screens of its kind in the world.
- The stage below the show is nearly a full acre, and offers more than 18,000 points of control.
- An ultra high-definition projection system projects at more than four times the resolution of the original World of Color.
- Nearly 700 lights line the structure of the California Screamin roller coaster, which has been incorporated into the show and is controlled by four individual channels.
- The viewing area also includes six “snow generators” which create giant, floating snowflakes, with each generator presenting a different design.
Guests can get same-day World of Color tickets by using the FASTPASS service, which is available when the park opens in the Grizzly River Run area. Guest can also take advantage of World of Color dining packages, which include access to a preferred viewing area and can be reserved up to 60 days in advance.